What do you do when you are too busy to cook but not too busy to eat a good meal? You find ways to make your life easier without compromising your balance diet…this is one of my very easy yet yummy recipies, even my 3 (nearly 4) year-old can make it…some say Iam cheating as I am using prepack spice and ready puff sheets. Cheat or not, it is easy to make, yummy and a balance meal.
500-700 g Diced beef
200 g Diced carrots
200 g Diced potatoes
150 g Sliced mushrooms
1 Sliced medium onion
2 tbsp oil
150 ml water
0.5 to 1 Colman’s beef casserole sachet (or you can marinate your beef with herbs, soya sauce, salt, sugar, wine, sherry depending on your taste, but for this post, lets concentrate on making your life easy and use ready packed spice…with no MSG or artificial colours or preservatives of course!)
2 x 320 g Jus Rol puff sheet
1. Place all ingredients in the oven roasting bag provided (note, these are special oven bags, do not use ordinary plastic bag if you don’t want to eat melted plastic!)
You can do this the night before storing it in the fridge until you are ready to cook, perhaps when you come home from work!
2. To cook, preheat oven to 170 degrees C (150 degrees C for fan assisted).
3. Place the filled oven bag in the middle shelf and bake for 2 hour 15 minutes.
Note if you bake it at a higher temperature shorter time, your beef will not be as tender.
When this is ready….you can dig in or to make puff pastry pie, read on…
4. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (200 degrees C for fan assisted) .
5. Unfoll your pastry sheet on a lined baking tray and spread with your yummy casserole to make a big pie. Cut the sheet to smaller portions if you want to make smaller pies. Leave some sheets so that you can wrap your beef casserole into a big neat parcel or many mini parcels.
6. Seal the sides and cut the top to allow the steam to escape whilst baking.
Optional….add cheese on top!
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Soooooo Gooooood! Yummy meal made easy!
Dinner today will complete with yummy moist choc cake known as the Ultimate Devil’s Food cake!